The primary mission of the City Clerk is to attend City Council and Council Committee meetings, and serve as official record keeper (Records Custodian) for the City; oversee the maintenance of official City records including ordinances, resolutions, policy issue resolutions, City Council Action reports, agendas and minutes; overseeing the posting and advertising of public notices and meetings; preparing formal City Council meeting minutes; and maintaining and distributing the City Code. The City Clerk serves as the keeper of records for the City.
Duties & Functions:
- Secretary to Commission and Municipal Corporation
- Liaison between Public and Commission
- Maintain Municipal Seal
- Election Official
- Conduct Municipal Election
- Administer Oaths of Office
- Maintain Official Documents
- Handle Municipal Correspondence
- Prepare Meeting Agendas, Minutes, Proclamations, Resolutions, and some Ordinances
- Advertise Ordinances, Budget, Notices, Bids, etc.
- Provide Notary services
- Furnish data to Public and Staff
- Coordinate Membership of all City Boards/Committees, Coordinate Annual Tri-Cities Barbecue and other projects.
|Interim Open||City Clerk||(561) 924-5534|