Our mission is to provide guidance, direction and interpretation of City personnel policies and procedures and recognize employees' contributions to the City's success and growth.
The Human Resources Department supports the City in delivering excellent services to our community by encouraging a positive and supportive work environment, providing current and pertinent information, sound advice and counsel, and advocating for fair compensation and benefits. Our help resolving issues and building consensus, along with our current expertise in applicable directives, makes us a trustworthy resource for City departments, employees, and each other.
Our goal is to attract the most highly qualified, talented workforce and maintain a positive and supportive work environment that values employees.
Pahokee is a city with a great deal of growth potential and we are starting to realize our growth opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creation, modification, and oversight of personnel policies
- Department support in the areas of hiring, retention, discipline, evaluation, and separation of employees; Manages recruitment activities such as establishing class requirements, announcements, selection, and orientation
- Coaching and counseling for personnel-related issues
- Employee pay and classification (salary surveys, salary adjustment recommendations, classification review of employees)
- Citywide employee service support
- Administers employee benefit programs such as Health, life, and AD/D benefits, retirement program and saving plans
- Administers programmatic functions of Risk Management; Workers’ compensation and other claims
- Administers vacation, sick leave, FMLA, ADA and ERISA, and Employee relation
- Establishes, reviews, or approves human resources functions and processes, such as forms, payroll and hiring processes, grievance procedures or other; gathers and maintains information to support periodic and special reports documenting human resources activities and events
- Conducts policy reviews and recommends improvements in policy or procedures to elected and appointed officials
- Coordinates employee personnel related information, and orientation programs such as safety, first aid, benefits programs, and other programs
- Monitors local, state, or federal rules, regulations, policies and procedures that may affect the Human Resources Department to insure compliance, recommends or implements changes as required
- Provides employee mediation, policy interpretation, consulting and other services to all levels of employees.
|Lynne Ladner||Interim Human Resources Director||(561) 924-5534 ext. 2011|